Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Journal - Week #17

- Monday, June 13, 2011 - I decided to forget my former plan of waiting until I finished formatting all of my Envisioneer drawings to JPG, mostly because I forgot which ones I have done. Finish re-formatting my house from Envisioneer to JPG and I also uploaded all the pictures to my blog. Now some more problems have shown up, first the video of my house walk-through will not save as the entire video. Second, I have learned of a new mini-project that we have to do, which is to make a booklet in photo-shop.

- Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - The headers of the pictures of my house needed to be fixed because they would keep screwing up, it was driving me insane looking at them. After finishing with that, Mr. D showed me how to save the walk-through of my house as a video...took most of the class to save a 53 second video.

- Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - The video of my house walk-through won't upload to my blog, apparently it didn't save as the right type of file, doesn't matter anymore as I was told just to move on. For the next project we have to present our house in a booklet type format, but to make life easier, you can do it in Powerpoint and transfer it into photoshop.

- Thursday, June 16, 2011 - It is down to the wire, today and tomorrow are the last days to work on this project. I am not too worried about it though, because this project is almost finished. Although converting the room sizes is a pain though, I think that part should be done at home so time isn't wasted. So I have been converting my house measurements and they don't seem to be coming out right...I guess asking Mr. D how to find square footage for the rooms. What a waste of a night.

- Friday, June 17, 2011 - Today is the final day to finish our houses that we have been working on for a month, I am so excited. It was a busy period finishing the project, worked on getting the final JPG images of the rooms in 3D perspective so we can see the rooms with the furniture in them. To make the 3D perspective a JPG, I pretty much just used the Print Screen key and pasted it into the Paint program then saved as a JPG. Then I uploaded all the photos into my PowerPoint presentation. After that the file was converted into a PDF file, which made it so it would be possible to create a link on my blog, the link is just below my company's logo and just above these journals to the left. This will be my final journal entry, it's been fun so I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have been working on this project.